Work In Progress

Work In Progress - We're working on it, honest!

Saturday 7 May 2011

Call of Cthulhu intro.



Whist taking a break from my usual studies, deep lost in tomes of ancient lore.
I happened across; during one of my many tours of the darkened vaults of the home I call Work in progress headquarters.
It was there I saw quite by accident the 6th edition of a most ancient tome of some near unknown power.
You must understand gentle reader I fancy myself an expert on the tomes and manuscripts littered around the darkened library, the lore and world of the role player and his games of indignation.
However my mind was not prepared for this.
The book, such as it is now resided in my hands curiously I was drawn to its pages; the text flickering by as I gave it my cursory glance.
Although I simply meant to gain an appraisal of the work, I found my self stopping, being drawn to the text; a winding story of incantations, strange creatures and things bygone in eons past and yet present, sleeping in a dreamless state? I found myself fascinated reading more and more, as if my vision becomes those damned pages, lost was I within the text its tales and twisted theory’s swirling around me the incantations threatening to roll off my tongue as I studied!
But yet I stand, the simplest of things snapping me back to my surroundings as I stared at it; dearest reader this thing, this monstrosity of near diabolical proportions.
And illustration stood there clear as day or as clear as the poor luminescence would allow, my hands shaking with a growing unease that threatened to fling the lantern form my hands!
I blinked.
Once again I found my eyes refusing to look away. The sketch nay scratching of this thing its size near human I believe the anthropomorphist body covered in a net of scales hand, now claws webbed. For what purpose, this things head, oh gods no head of man did lie upon his shoulders but that of a fish, or even carp, its eyes forever unblinking. Like the smile it wore rows of teeth ready to rend I fancy my own flesh from should I encounter such a being of ungodly proportions.
Two words written beside it: Deep One. I knew id heard it before upon one of my older studies long ago. I would endeavour to find out; I shall look upon this tome.
With a crack! I shut the book, the dust of unknown eras swirling in the dry air around me. Needless to say a near crippling coughing assailed me as I imagine yourselves dear reader for the books lost hear have rested forever deep within these catacombs if it was not for myself cataloguing the titles and recording there content.
As the dust settled I spied the cover how now become clear enough to study, why strangely I had not done this before I hadn’t the foggiest but there it was; hinting its presence in the background.
The cover a sea 'scape of impossible spires I assume judging by there state risen form the depths. A yacht my only reference for scale upon this image and that!
Something so large, so impossibly large; its wingspan I estimate bust be near half mile!? Absurd and yet its head shrouded in darkness save but for the mass of tentacles writhing form the shadows!
I felt the my body go cold, a queers sickness and yet excitement a broad smile across my face as I spoke the name of this blessed tome out loud whisper at first but soon a chant over and over a maniacal laughing that could’ve only be mine! Again I called the tomes name!
Call of Cthulhu! Cthulhu! Ia ia Cthulhu
I am stranger in my own body dear reader, my mind split, my soul I fear frayed my sanity all but shattered by things he has done no I have done! Things I can never tell I refuse you cannot make me! Oh it crawls slithering! How? Wet the inside of him felt! Mother forgive me oh god I didn’t mean to take his life. But he needed it more! Ia ia Cthulhu fa'tagn...................

No comments:

Post a Comment